Blood: Contamination

Cabinet Office written question – answered am ar 24 Mai 2024.

Danfonwch hysbysiad imi am ddadleuon fel hyn

Photo of Baroness Ritchie of Downpatrick Baroness Ritchie of Downpatrick Non-affiliated

To ask His Majesty's Government what legal or other support will be made available to infected and affected people when making applications for compensation for infected blood; and how the compensation authority will assist people whose medical records have been destroyed.

Photo of Baroness Neville-Rolfe Baroness Neville-Rolfe Minister of State (Cabinet Office)

The Government will make arrangements for the Infected Blood Compensation Authority to provide support to applicants and within this support will consider the provision of legal support services. The Government amendments to the Victims and Prisoners Bill allow for that support to be provided for victims and the House can expect the Government to work with the Infected Blood Compensation Authority on the support that is required.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes2 people think so

No1 person thinks not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.