Police: Misconduct

Home Office written question – answered am ar 21 Mai 2024.

Danfonwch hysbysiad imi am ddadleuon fel hyn

Photo of Baroness Goudie Baroness Goudie Llafur

To ask His Majesty's Government what plans they have, if any, to introduce a policy that, where police officers have been dismissed for gross misconduct, consideration will be given as to whether their police pension should be forfeited.

Photo of Lord Sharpe of Epsom Lord Sharpe of Epsom The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for the Home Department

A police officer’s pension can only be forfeited by a local policing body in certain circumstances, where they have been convicted of a criminal offence committed in connection with their service. This is not unique to policing and exists in other public sector pension schemes.

The Government has no plans to amend this policy.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes1 person thinks so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.