Housing Associations: Rents

Department for Levelling Up, Housing and Communities written question – answered am ar 22 Ebrill 2024.

Danfonwch hysbysiad imi am ddadleuon fel hyn

Photo of Charlotte Nichols Charlotte Nichols Llafur, Warrington North

To ask the Secretary of State for Levelling Up, Housing and Communities, whether he has had recent discussions with housing associations on taking steps to maintain low levels of rent.

Photo of Jacob Young Jacob Young Parliamentary Under Secretary of State (Department for Levelling Up, Housing and Communities)

The Government regulates the maximum social housing rents that Registered Providers of social housing, including housing associations, can charge their tenants (subject to certain exceptions).

Social housing rents are permitted to increase rents by up to CPI+1% per annum. Registered Providers of social housing are expected carefully to consider the effect on their tenants when making decisions about rent increases. The CPI+1% limit is a ceiling, and Government urges landlords to consider lower increases where possible.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.