Veterans: Rehabilitation

Ministry of Defence written question – answered am ar 3 Ebrill 2024.

Danfonwch hysbysiad imi am ddadleuon fel hyn

Photo of Lord Browne of Belmont Lord Browne of Belmont DUP

To ask His Majesty's Government what support is available for military veterans transitioning back into civilian life.

Photo of The Earl of Minto The Earl of Minto The Minister of State, Ministry of Defence

The Veterans Welfare Service (VWS) supports serving personnel, veterans, the military bereaved, and their families, who have an enduring welfare need or need help to access DWP benefits or injury, bereavement and compensation schemes.

Defence Transition Services (DTS) helps Service leavers and their families, who face challenges as they leave the military and adjust to civilian life.

The support from these two services is available from two years before discharge, through into civilian life and regardless of time served or reason for discharge.

Integrated Personal Commissioning for Veterans (IPC4V) supports Armed Forces personnel who are leaving the services and are suffering from complex and enduring physical, neurological and mental health issues resulting from an injury that is attributable to Service.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes1 person thinks so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.