Visas: Social Services

Home Office written question – answered am ar 9 Chwefror 2024.

Danfonwch hysbysiad imi am ddadleuon fel hyn

Photo of Kirsten Oswald Kirsten Oswald Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Women), Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Equalities)

To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, what guidance his Department provides social care providers on using the social staff visa application portal.

Photo of Tom Pursglove Tom Pursglove Minister of State (Minister for Legal Migration and Delivery)

Once licensed, sponsors are given access to the sponsorship management system (SMS). This online function allows them to carry out day-to-day activities and report any changes to UKVI, such as a change of organisation address. Sponsors can also use SMS to create and assign Certificates of Sponsorship (CoS) to workers they wish to sponsor and report changes of circumstances of their sponsored workers.

SMS has help text embedded throughout to aid navigation of the system, however, this is not sector specific. In addition, UKVI publish sponsor guidance and SMS user guides which are available on to assist sponsors in understanding their sponsor duties and navigating SMS; however, this is not sector specific.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes2 people think so

No1 person thinks not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.