Visas: Social Services

Home Office written question – answered am ar 9 Chwefror 2024.

Danfonwch hysbysiad imi am ddadleuon fel hyn

Photo of Kirsten Oswald Kirsten Oswald Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Women), Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Equalities)

To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, what steps her Department is taking to help social care providers to (a) apply for a sponsorship license for social care staff and (b) complete online applications to sponsor a social care worker visa.

Photo of Tom Pursglove Tom Pursglove Minister of State (Minister for Legal Migration and Delivery)

There is a significant amount of information published for sponsors which helps to set out their duties and responsibilities. Further information on the general guidance can be found at:

We have worked with the Department of Health and Social Care and Skills for Care on a range of information to assist those seeking to recruit into adult social care. Information can be found on the Skills for Care website at:

In addition to this guidance there is a dedicated team in UKVI who handle most health and care applications who are available to assist with any issues with the sponsorship process.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes1 person thinks so

No1 person thinks not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.