A selection of Lord Bach’s votes
See full list of topics voted on
Voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2010.
Consistently voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
0 votes for, 7 votes against, in 2011.
Consistently voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
0 votes for, 3 votes against, in 2011.
Absences for this policy may be affected COVID-19 restrictions.
Consistently voted against university tuition fees Show votes
0 votes for, 2 votes against, in 2010.
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
13 votes for, 1 vote against, 1 absence, between 2008–2011.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lord Bach’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lord Bach’s full vote analysis page for more.
My Lords, why do we have to wait for the Criminal Justice Bill before the statutory instruments can be produced in this particular case? Could we not move to a statutory instrument straightaway so that this long delay, which seems to be all-pervasive here, can at least be shortened to an extent?
To ask His Majesty’s Government what plans they have to reform the system of children’s care homes.
My Lords, I thank the Minister for her Answer. What is obvious, I am afraid, is how desperately unambitious the Government have been in reforming a broken system. In spite of the commitment of all who work in this area, it is a system that adversely affects the life chances of the most vulnerable children in our society. Is the Minister aware, as reported in the Observer on 8 October, that...
Mwy o ymddangosiadau diweddar Lord Bach
Aeth i mewn i'r Tŷ'r Arglwyddi yn 1998
- Member, Liaison Committee (Lords) (since 7 Maw 2023)
- Member, Public Services Committee (since 31 Ion 2023)
Swyddogaethau eraill yn y gorffennol
- Member, Children and Families Act 2014 Committee (19 Ion 2022 to 21 Tach 2022)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Justice) (18 Med 2015 to 12 Mai 2016)
- Shadow Attorney General ( 3 Rha 2014 to 12 Med 2015)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs) ( 8 Hyd 2013 to 18 Med 2015)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Justice) ( 8 Hyd 2010 to 6 Med 2012)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary, Ministry of Justice ( 6 Hyd 2008 to 11 Mai 2010)
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Justice ( 5 Hyd 2008 to 6 Mai 2010)
- Government Whip ( 8 Tach 2007 to 10 Meh 2009)
- Government Whip ( 7 Tach 2007 to 5 Meh 2009)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee D - Environment and Agriculture (21 Tach 2006 to 30 Hyd 2007)
- Member, Draft Legal Services Bill (Joint Committee) (23 Mai 2006 to 25 Gor 2006)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary, Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (11 Mai 2005 to 8 Mai 2006)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs) (Farming, Food and Sustainable Energy) (10 Mai 2005 to 5 Mai 2006)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Ministry of Defence) (Procurement) (12 Meh 2001 to 10 Mai 2005)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary, Ministry of Defence (11 Meh 2001 to 11 Mai 2005)
- Parliamentary Secretary, Lord Chancellor's Department (20 Tach 2000 to 11 Meh 2001)
- Government Whip (28 Gor 1999 to 20 Tach 2000)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee E (24 Tach 1998 to 11 Tach 1999)
Nodyn ar gyfer newyddiadurwyr ac ymchwilwyr: gellir defnyddio'r data ar y dudalen hon yn rhydd, ar yr amod bod TheyWorkForYou.com yn cael ei ddyfynnu fel y ffynhonnell.
Cynhyrchwyd y data yma gan TheyWorkForYou o amrywiaeth o ffynonellau. Gwybodaeth bleidleisio o Chwip Cyhoeddus.
Llun proffil: © Parliament (CC-BY 3.0)