A selection of Baroness Walmsley’s votes
See full list of topics voted on
Consistently voted for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
7 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2011.
Voted a mixture of for and against more EU integration Show votes
8 votes for, 4 votes against, 3 absences, between 2008–2011.
Consistently voted for fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
3 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2011.
Absences for this policy may be affected COVID-19 restrictions.
Consistently voted for university tuition fees Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2010.
Voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2010.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Baroness Walmsley’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Baroness Walmsley’s full vote analysis page for more.
My Lords, I congratulate the noble Lord, Lord Hunt of Kings Heath, on his excellent introductory speech. He hit all the nails very firmly on the head. As the NHS reaches its 75th year, it is a very different and much larger beast than when it started out. The challenges are not just greater but different. On the upside, to a great extent we have conquered infectious diseases through...
My Lords, I will follow on the Minister’s answer to the question from the noble Baroness, Lady McIntosh of Pickering. Given that we already have houses built on flood plains and that there will probably be more, what are the Government doing to mandate resilient design—he hinted that other countries have done that—and to retrofit houses that have already been built there? Things can be...
My Lords, the Minister will be aware of the good work being done by Gavi on vaccination across the world. However, is he aware that Gavi is now aware of the link between vaccination effectiveness and nutrition in children? Undernourished children do not have as beneficial a response to the vaccination as they should. That is why Gavi has now linked the two things in its campaigning. Will the...
Mwy o ymddangosiadau diweddar Baroness Walmsley
Democratiaid Rhyddfrydol Arglwydd
Aeth i mewn i'r Tŷ'r Arglwyddi ar 23 Mai 2000
Positions held at time of appointment: Public Relations Consultant (from Number 10 press release)
- Member, Liaison Committee (Lords) (since 29 Hyd 2019)
- Co-Deputy Leader of the Liberal Democrat Peers (since 1 Hyd 2017)
Swyddogaethau eraill yn y gorffennol
- Member, Horticultural Sector Committee (31 Ion 2023 to 26 Hyd 2023)
- Member, Science and Technology Committee (Lords) ( 1 Gor 2019 to 31 Ion 2023)
- Liberal Democrat Lords Spokesperson (Health) ( 1 Meh 2015 to 12 Hyd 2017)
- Member, Affordable Childcare Committee (12 Meh 2014 to 11 Chw 2015)
- Member, House Committee (Lords) (25 Chw 2014 to 30 Maw 2015)
- Member, Liaison Committee (Lords) (25 Chw 2014 to 30 Maw 2015)
- Member, Adoption Legislation Committee (29 Mai 2012 to 26 Chw 2013)
- Spokesperson for Children, Schools and Families ( 8 Ion 2009 to 11 Mai 2010)
- Spokesperson in the Lords (Education and Children), Children, Schools and Families ( 5 Gor 2007 to 8 Ion 2009)
- Spokesperson in the Lords (Education & Children), Innovation, Universities and Skills ( 4 Gor 2007 to 5 Gor 2007)
- Spokesperson in the Lords (Education & Children), Education & Skills (21 Maw 2006 to 4 Gor 2007)
- Spokesperson in the Lords (Children), Education & Skills ( 1 Meh 2005 to 21 Maw 2006)
- Spokesperson in the Lords, Education & Skills (22 Chw 2005 to 1 Meh 2005)
- Shadow Minister, Home Affairs (26 Ion 2004 to 22 Chw 2005)
- Member, Science and Technology Committee (Lords) (12 Rha 2000 to 18 Tach 2004)
- Member, Science and Technology: Sub-Committee I (12 Rha 2000 to 7 Mai 2005)
Nodyn ar gyfer newyddiadurwyr ac ymchwilwyr: gellir defnyddio'r data ar y dudalen hon yn rhydd, ar yr amod bod TheyWorkForYou.com yn cael ei ddyfynnu fel y ffynhonnell.
Cynhyrchwyd y data yma gan TheyWorkForYou o amrywiaeth o ffynonellau. Gwybodaeth bleidleisio o Chwip Cyhoeddus.
Llun proffil: © Parliament (CC-BY 3.0)