A selection of Lord Coaker’s votes
See full list of topics voted on
Voted a mixture of for and against university tuition fees Show votes
7 votes for, 5 votes against, between 1997–2017.
Voted a mixture of for and against a more proportional system for electing MPs Show votes
2 votes for, 1 vote against, 3 absences, between 2010–2016.
Voted a mixture of for and against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Show votes
2 votes for, 5 votes against, 6 absences, between 2011–2016.
Generally voted for a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
7 votes for, 4 votes against, 3 absences, between 2003–2016.
Generally voted against encouraging occupational pensions Show votes
1 vote for, 3 votes against, between 2004–2011.
Almost always voted for paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Show votes
13 votes for, 0 votes against, 2 absences, between 2011–2016.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lord Coaker’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lord Coaker’s full vote analysis page for more.
Draft Strikes (Minimum Service Levels: Border Security) Regulations 2023 and associated regret motion – Lord Coaker – Lord Sharpe of Epsom.
My Lords, how has it come to the point at which net migration is three times the level of 2019, when the Government promised to reduce it? It has taken four years for the Government to come up with any sort of plan, but we do not know what it is because members of the Cabinet are fighting among themselves about what it should be. Can I make one suggestion? Do the Government agree with us that...
To ask His Majesty’s Government what plans they have to proscribe the Iranian Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps as a terrorist organisation.
Mwy o ymddangosiadau diweddar Lord Coaker
Aeth i mewn i'r Tŷ'r Arglwyddi ar 3 Chwefror 2021
Yn flaenorol AS am Gedling tan 6 Tachwedd 2019 — Wedi'i ddiddymu ar gyfer etholiad
Aeth i mewn i'r Tŷ'r Cyffredin ar 1 Mai 1997 — Etholiad cyffredinol
Also represented Gedling
Themau o ddiddordeb
Lord Coaker campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Ministry of Defence
- Home Office
- Northern Ireland
- Home Department
- Public Expenditure
- Opposition Whip (Lords) (since 18 Mai 2021)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Defence) (since 18 Mai 2021)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Home Affairs) (since 18 Mai 2021)
Swyddogaethau eraill yn y gorffennol
- Member, Business and Trade Committee (16 Hyd 2017 to 6 Tach 2019)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Northern Ireland (14 Med 2015 to 26 Meh 2016)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Defence ( 7 Hyd 2013 to 14 Med 2015)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Northern Ireland ( 7 Hyd 2011 to 7 Hyd 2013)
- Shadow Minister (Home Affairs) ( 8 Hyd 2010 to 7 Hyd 2011)
- Shadow Minister (Education) (Schools) (12 Mai 2010 to 8 Hyd 2010)
- Minister of State (Department for Children, Schools and Families) (Schools and Learners) ( 9 Meh 2009 to 6 Mai 2010)
- Minister of State (Home Office) (Policing, Crime & Security) ( 5 Hyd 2008 to 9 Meh 2009)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Home Office) (Crime Reduction) ( 2 Gor 2007 to 5 Hyd 2008)
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for the Home Department ( 5 Mai 2006 to 28 Meh 2007)
- The Lord Commissioner of HM Treasury (10 Mai 2005 to 5 Mai 2006)
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (13 Meh 2003 to 10 Mai 2005)
- Member, Social Security Committee ( 9 Tach 1998 to 1 Chw 1999)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Nodyn ar gyfer newyddiadurwyr ac ymchwilwyr: gellir defnyddio'r data ar y dudalen hon yn rhydd, ar yr amod bod TheyWorkForYou.com yn cael ei ddyfynnu fel y ffynhonnell.
Cynhyrchwyd y data yma gan TheyWorkForYou o amrywiaeth o ffynonellau. Gwybodaeth bleidleisio o Chwip Cyhoeddus.
Llun proffil: © Parliament (CC-BY 3.0)