A selection of Lord Bradley’s votes
See full list of topics voted on
Voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2010.
Generally voted for university tuition fees Show votes
10 votes for, 2 votes against, 1 absence, between 1997–2010.
Almost always voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
6 votes for, 1 vote against, between 1999–2003.
Generally voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
0 votes for, 2 votes against, 5 absences, in 2011.
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
8 votes for, 1 vote against, 5 absences, between 2008–2011.
Has never voted on fewer MPs in the House of Commons Details
0 votes for, 0 votes against, 3 absences, in 2011.
Absences for this policy may be affected COVID-19 restrictions.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lord Bradley’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lord Bradley’s full vote analysis page for more.
To ask His Majesty’s Government what plans they have to reform the Mental Health Act 1983.
My Lords, for over six years, the Government have promised to reform the 1983 Act, from manifesto commitments to the Wessely report, draft Bills and consultations, and now the Joint Committee which reported to this House in January of this year— 11 months ago. Then, to the astonishment and no little anger of thousands of people with mental ill health, autism and learning disabilities, who...
Mwy o ymddangosiadau diweddar Lord Bradley
Aeth i mewn i'r Tŷ'r Arglwyddi ar 18 Gorffennaf 2006
Yn flaenorol AS am Manchester, Withington tan 11 Ebrill 2005 — Etholiad cyffredinol (safodd eto)
Positions held at time of appointment: Former Member of Parliament for Manchester,Withington; former Minister of State, Home Office. (from Number 10 press release)
Aeth i mewn i'r Tŷ'r Cyffredin ar 11 Mehefin 1987 — Etholiad cyffredinol
Also represented Manchester, Withington
- Member, Joint Committee on the Draft Mental Health Bill (since 19 Gor 2022)
Swyddogaethau eraill yn y gorffennol
- Member, Adult Social Care Committee (19 Ion 2022 to 21 Tach 2022)
- Member, Liaison Committee (Lords) ( 1 Gor 2019 to 31 Ion 2023)
- Member, Long-Term Sustainability of the NHS Committee (25 Mai 2016 to 5 Ebr 2017)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Work and Pensions) ( 1 Tach 2013 to 18 Med 2015)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Health) ( 1 Tach 2013 to 18 Med 2015)
- Member, House Committee (Lords) (13 Tach 2007 to 30 Meh 2010)
- Member, Health Committee (28 Mai 2004 to 11 Ebr 2005)
- Member, Health and Social Care Committee (20 Hyd 2003 to 12 Gor 2005)
- Minister of State (Prisons), Home Office (11 Meh 2001 to 29 Mai 2002)
- Minister of State (Home Office) (Prisons) (11 Meh 2001 to 28 Mai 2002)
- Member, Finance and Services Committee ( 1 Gor 1999 to 11 Mai 2001)
- Deputy Chief Whip (28 Gor 1998 to 11 Meh 2001)
- Treasurer of HM Household (Deputy Chief Whip) (28 Gor 1998 to 1 Ion 2001)
- Member, Committee of Selection (27 Gor 1998 to 11 Mai 2001)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary, Department of Social Security ( 5 Mai 1997 to 28 Gor 1998)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department of Social Security) ( 2 Mai 1997 to 28 Gor 1998)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Business, Innovation and Skills) ( 1 Ion 1996 to 1 Ion 1997)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Transport) ( 1 Ion 1996 to 1 Ion 1997)
- Member, Agriculture Committee (31 Hyd 1991 to 10 Chw 1992)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Social Security) ( 1 Ion 1991 to 1 Ion 1996)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Business, Innovation and Skills) ( 1 Ion 1991 to 1 Ion 1996)
Nodyn ar gyfer newyddiadurwyr ac ymchwilwyr: gellir defnyddio'r data ar y dudalen hon yn rhydd, ar yr amod bod TheyWorkForYou.com yn cael ei ddyfynnu fel y ffynhonnell.
Cynhyrchwyd y data yma gan TheyWorkForYou o amrywiaeth o ffynonellau. Gwybodaeth bleidleisio o Chwip Cyhoeddus.
Llun proffil: © Parliament (CC-BY 3.0)