Gavin Newlands’s voting in Parliament
Gavin Newlands is a Scottish National Party MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Scottish National Party MPs.
This is a random selection of Gavin Newlands’s votes.
Generally voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
1 vote for, 4 votes against, in 2020.
Consistently voted against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Show votes
0 votes for, 4 votes against, between 2015–2016.
Almost always voted for more EU integration Show votes
67 votes for, 9 votes against, 14 absences, between 2017–2022.
Voted against reducing central government funding of local government Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, 6 absences, between 2016–2021.
Almost always voted against a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Show votes
1 vote for, 28 votes against, 5 absences, between 2015–2022.
Consistently voted for paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Show votes
13 votes for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, between 2015–2022.
Last updated: 18 Mai 2022.
Learn more about our voting records and what they mean.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Gavin Newlands’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Gavin Newlands’s full vote analysis page for more.
Gavin Newlands has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
If he will list his official engagements for Wednesday 29 November.
Last year, Scotland exported 19 trillion Wh of electricity, worth £4 billion, to the UK grid, yet not only do Scottish generators pay the highest grid connection charges in Europe, but Scots pay among the highest standing charges while London’s are by far the lowest. Our heating and lighting is switched on a lot earlier and off a lot later than the south of England’s. Should Scottish...
The Chancellor mentioned support for carbon capture and storage and for hydrogen, and the Prime Minister earlier spoke of support for the oil and gas sector. The Chancellor will be all too aware of this morning’s announcement of the intended closure of the Grangemouth oil refinery, which represents a huge 4% of Scottish GDP and provides hundreds of jobs. What discussions has he had with the...
Mwy o ymddangosiadau diweddar Gavin Newlands
Scottish National Party MP ar gyfer Paisley and Renfrewshire North
Aeth i mewn i'r Tŷ'r Cyffredin ar 8 Mai 2015 — Etholiad cyffredinol
Themau o ddiddordeb
Gavin Newlands campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department for Transport
- Home Office
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Department for Business
- Energy and Industrial Strategy
- Deportation: Appeals
- State Retirement Pensions: Females
- Aviation: Coronavirus
- Buses: Exhaust Emissions
- Department for Work and Pensions: Debt Collection
- Member, Transport Committee (since 2 Maw 2020)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Transport) (since 7 Ion 2020)
Swyddogaethau eraill yn y gorffennol
- Member, Seafarers' Wages Bill [HL] Committee (11 Ion 2023 to 17 Ion 2023)
- Member, High Speed Rail (Crewe - Manchester) Bill Select Committee (Commons) (13 Rha 2022 to 9 Ion 2023)
- Member, Economic Crime and Corporate Transparency Bill Committee (19 Hyd 2022 to 29 Tach 2022)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Northern Ireland) ( 1 Gor 2018 to 7 Ion 2020)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Wales) ( 1 Gor 2018 to 7 Ion 2020)
- Member, Justice Committee (11 Med 2017 to 6 Tach 2019)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Sport) ( 7 Med 2016 to 7 Ion 2020)
- Member, Backbench Business Committee (13 Meh 2016 to 3 Mai 2017)
- Member, Backbench Business Committee (20 Gor 2015 to 12 Mai 2016)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
SNP MPs only attend sittings where the legislation pertains to Scotland.
Nodyn ar gyfer newyddiadurwyr ac ymchwilwyr: gellir defnyddio'r data ar y dudalen hon yn rhydd, ar yr amod bod TheyWorkForYou.com yn cael ei ddyfynnu fel y ffynhonnell.
Cynhyrchwyd y data yma gan TheyWorkForYou o amrywiaeth o ffynonellau. Gwybodaeth bleidleisio o Chwip Cyhoeddus.
Llun proffil: © Parliament (CC-BY 3.0)