Michael Fabricant’s voting in Parliament
This is a random selection of Michael Fabricant’s votes.
Generally voted against more EU integration Show votes
34 votes for, 107 votes against, 15 absences, between 2008–2022.
Generally voted for greater restrictions on campaigning by third parties, such as charities, during elections Show votes
9 votes for, 0 votes against, 4 absences, between 2013–2022.
Generally voted for reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax") Show votes
11 votes for, 0 votes against, 7 absences, between 2012–2018.
Generally voted for a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Show votes
7 votes for, 4 votes against, 2 absences, between 2008–2016.
Almost always voted for a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Show votes
52 votes for, 3 votes against, 10 absences, between 2012–2022.
Generally voted for reducing central government funding of local government Show votes
7 votes for, 0 votes against, 4 absences, between 2010–2021.
Last updated: 18 Mai 2022.
Learn more about our voting records and what they mean.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Michael Fabricant’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Michael Fabricant’s full vote analysis page for more.
Michael Fabricant has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
What steps her Department is taking to support commercial radio and television in the context of the development of new transmission platforms.
If I were to say, “Hey, Siri, can I have GB News radio?” or “Alexa, play GB News radio”—[Interruption.] Of course I would say GB News radio. It is the most successful news channel now, pulling in a bigger audience at most times of the day than either the BBC News channel or Sky—TalkTV cannot even be measured. Anyway, I am going off the subject.
My question is: what provisions are in place, if any, to ensure that if I do say those things, I get GB News radio, not another channel, and I am not charged for it?
Mwy o ymddangosiadau diweddar Michael Fabricant
Ceidwadwyr MP ar gyfer Lichfield
Aeth i mewn i'r Tŷ'r Cyffredin ar 9 Ebrill 1992 — Etholiad cyffredinol
Also represented Staffordshire Mid
Themau o ddiddordeb
Michael Fabricant campaigned to leave the European Union
- Trade and Industry
- House of Commons Commission
- Home Department
- Departmental Procurement
- Invoice Payments
- High Speed 2 Railway Line
- Civil Service Relocation
- Member, Administration Committee (since 2 Maw 2020)
Swyddogaethau eraill yn y gorffennol
- Member, Administration Committee (30 Hyd 2017 to 6 Tach 2019)
- Member, Administration Committee (20 Gor 2015 to 3 Mai 2017)
- Member, Administration Committee ( 1 Rha 2014 to 30 Maw 2015)
- Vice-Chair, Conservative Party (11 Med 2012 to 10 Ebr 2014)
- Member, Committee of Selection (21 Meh 2010 to 9 Mai 2013)
- The Lord Commissioner of HM Treasury (12 Mai 2010 to 6 Med 2012)
- Member, Administration Committee ( 3 Maw 2009 to 6 Mai 2010)
- Opposition Whip (Commons) (13 Mai 2005 to 6 Mai 2010)
- Shadow Minister (Trade and Industry) (Trade and Economic Affairs) ( 1 Meh 2003 to 12 Mai 2005)
- Member, Finance and Services Committee (19 Tach 2001 to 2 Chw 2004)
- Member, Liaison Committee (Commons) ( 5 Tach 2001 to 14 Gor 2003)
- Member, Culture, Media and Sport Committee (16 Gor 2001 to 12 Gor 2005)
- Member, Home Affairs Committee (26 Gor 1999 to 11 Mai 2001)
- Member, Culture, Media and Sport Committee (28 Gor 1997 to 1 Tach 1999)
- Member, National Heritage Committee (29 Meh 1993 to 7 Mai 1996)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Nodyn ar gyfer newyddiadurwyr ac ymchwilwyr: gellir defnyddio'r data ar y dudalen hon yn rhydd, ar yr amod bod TheyWorkForYou.com yn cael ei ddyfynnu fel y ffynhonnell.
Cynhyrchwyd y data yma gan TheyWorkForYou o amrywiaeth o ffynonellau. Gwybodaeth bleidleisio o Chwip Cyhoeddus.
Llun proffil: © Parliament (CC-BY 3.0)