Another place

During a debate members of the House of Commons traditionally refer to the House of Lords as 'another place' or 'the other place'. Peers return the gesture when they speak of the Commons in the same way. This arcane form of address is something the Labour Government has been reviewing as part of its programme to modernise the Houses of Parliament.

contributed by user Tom Loosemore